Myrtle Beach Roofing With Tips on Hiring a South Carolina Roofing Contractor
If you’ve ever had to replace a roof, you know it’s not an inexpensive project. However, eventually any homeowner will be in the position of either needing roof repair, or a completely new roof. Since it really is a major investment, you can’t afford to make a mistake in your choice of a South Carolina roofing contractor. So before you sign an agreement or hand over a deposit check, let’s talk about some safeguards for you, the homeowner.
First of all, please resist any temptation to cut corners by hiring somebody’s brother or cousin who’s out of work, or someone moonlighting and doing it as a sideline. You want a professional roofing contractor. Cutting costs in this regard could cost you much more than you could ever save.
Every roofing contractor or roofing contracting company is unique and probably has expertise in a particular kind of roofing job. So, how do you sort through pre-qualifying your choice of a roofing contractor?
Contract Exteriors with few tips for selecting a roofing contractor:
- Make sure the roofing contractor you choose has a physical place of business (not a garage or warehouse somewhere); a phone number listed in the Yellow Pages, or better yet, a website which can be found in the local search engines. In your web search, you will want to find a roofing contractor that has lots of good reviews.
- Also, check to see if the company you are thinking of using has a state contractor’s license, and carries proper insurance. Licensing and bonding requirements can vary from state to state, so make a call to the licensing board in your state if you have any questions.
- It is perfectly within your rights as a customer to request to verify liability insurance and worker’s comp insurance certificates from the roofing contractor.
- Be sure to ask for a written proposal. When you receive it, go over it in detail and ask questions if something is not clear. Be very clear about starting and ending schedules, the deposit required, what kind of payment is accepted. Also be clear about partial payments expected at certain stages of the completed job. Get a firm commitment as to the completion date.
- Check references from the roofing contractor. Ask for several recent references, and then take time to call them.
- You may also want to check with the Better Business Bureau in your area to see if complaints have ever been filed; if so, were they resolved?
- Ask your roofing sales representative as to who will be managing the on-site personnel. Find out how many workers can be expected on any given day.
- What kind of warranty is offered, both on the shingles or roofing material, and on the labor? Read the fine print and make sure you understand it.
- Don’t choose a roofing contractor based entirely on price. When something sounds too good to be true, remember…it probably is. Myrtle Beach Roofing reminds you that quality work, long-lasting materials, a good warranty, and expert workmanship are worth every penny of your hard-earned money. Don’t settle for a shoddy or cheap job. Such individuals or companies can disappear overnight, leaving you, the homeowner the one holding the bag, so to speak.
Your home is one of the biggest investments you will ever make in your adult life. Make sure you make wise decisions when it comes to taking care of that investment. Contract Exteriors has roofing teams ready to serve your from Hilton Head to Myrtle Beach to Jacksonville, North Carolina.